The Carp Herb Festival Salsa Contest is open to all – customers and vendors!
- 2 winners: Judges Favourite and 2. Fan Favourite!
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners – featuring gift bags filled with items donated by our Carp Market vendors.
- One entry per person. There is no entry fee.
- Please bring a minimum of one liter (or 2-500mL containers) of your homemade salsa in a lidded container.
- Each entry MUST include a list of ingredients. Please categorize your salsa as mild, medium or hot.
- Bring entries to the Salsa Contest Table in the Big Tent from 8:00am to 10:00am, Saturday June 24th. Sampling begins at 10:00am sharp and no entries will be permitted after the cutoff time of 10:00am. Sampling will take place for 3 hours (product permitting) where our customers will vote on their favourite salsa. Our winner will be announced at 1:30pm.
Each of these categories is worth 25 points.
- Uniqueness: Does the salsa recipe show imagination, ingenuity, and/or have a special “theme”?
- Flavor: Does the salsa have good flavor? Do the ingredients work well together?
- Appearance: Is the salsa enticing and attractive?
- Texture: Is the texture appealing? Is it too thick? Is it too runny?
The customers attending our Herb Festival will decide the winner of the ‘fan favourite’ salsa category. Our customers will sample the salsas and then vote on their favourite one at our Events Tent. At the end of the sampling session, votes will be tallied.