- 1 sugar pumpkin about 1.2 kg
- pie pastry (follow link to Canadian Living for Easy Roll Pastry method)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream 35%
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tbsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cups whipping cream 35%
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Halve and seed pumpkin; prick skin all over with fork. Roast, cut side down, on foil-lined baking sheet in 350°F (180°C) oven until flesh is tender, about 1 hour. Let cool. Scoop flesh into food processor; puree until smooth to make 2 cups. Drain in cheesecloth-lined strainer for 30 minutes; discard liquid.
- Meanwhile, on lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into 12-inch (30 cm) circle; fit into 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Trim to leave 1-inch (2.5 cm) overhang; fold overhang under and flute edge.
- Line pie shell with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake on bottom rack in 375°F (190°C) oven until rim is light golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove weights and paper; bake until golden, about 10 minutes. In bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, eggs, cream, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Scrape into crust; smooth top.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until filling is set, 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Source: http://www.canadianliving.com/food/baking-and-desserts/recipe/fresh-pumpkin-pie
Share this Recipe