COVID-19 Market Protocol – Opening Day 2020
We have some exciting news to share with all of you! Over the past few months our Carp Farmers’ Market organizers have been working non-stop behind the scenes with the hopes of reopening our market. We are so happy to announce that the first market day of the season will be Saturday June 20th, 2020 from 8:30am to 1:00pm. Please continue reading for more info on what reopening will entail. This will not be “business as usual” so please read over our COVID-19 Market Protocol before attending.
Some of the precautions we are taking:
- Encouraging the wearing of masks to protect your fellow customers, vendors & market staff. Please do not come to the market if sick.
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the market.
- Limiting the number of vendors. To start we will only have 35 vendors total to allow for optimal distancing between booths. We will be releasing a list of vendors who will be attending that Saturday in the days leading up.
- Encouraging the pre-ordering of products through our vendor’s online platforms to maximize the flow of customers and minimize the number of transactions occurring at market. When making purchases at the market the use of cash or credit/debit will be up to the individual vendor.
- There will only be one entrance and exit to get into the market. Please follow all directional signage when on the fairgrounds. Do not cross barriers or ropes. These safety measures are in place to help the flow of customers through the market.
- Limiting the number of customers in the market at the same time. We ask that you make your purchases as quickly as possible so that other customers have a chance to shop too.
- Delaying the start time of the market to 8:30am to allow for extra preparation time for our vendors. Our vendor’s booths will look different and you may see tables and ropes in front of displays to maintain physical distancing.
- No pets will be permitted at this time. Service animals are welcome.
- Handling of reusable shopping bags is only done by the customer – vendors cannot put products into reusable bags. Reusable containers are not permitted at this time, nor are refills.
- Please respect social distancing – stand 6 feet apart in lines.
- Do not touch products. Our vendors will handle the products for you.
- Please be patient & kind to one another. We are all doing our best.
We know this is exciting news for many and we are very happy to be back in business! The health and safety of our community of loyal customers, dedicated local producers and market staff remain our top priority. We know there will be bumps along the way. As we get accustomed to this new normal we ask for your patience. Please be prepared to wait in line before entering the market area. Despite all these changes we can’t wait to start connecting you with our amazing group of local producers once again!